The Division of HIV and STD Programs (DHSP) fully supports the use of HIV biomedical interventions, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), as critical components of comprehensive medical services for individuals at high risk for HIV.
DHSP is interested in identifying providers who would like to offer PEP and/or PrEP to their clients but who may need training and/or technical assistance to better integrate these services into their clinical practice.
Our website offers the following documents for your review:
- Description of Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s priority populations for PrEP (LA County PrEP Guidelines)
- HIV Prevention with PrEP – CME featuring Dr. Leo Moore, Associate Medical Director
- Provider Checklist for PrEP Visits
- Information about Health Plan Coverage and Patient Assistance Programs
- Clinical Guidelines for PrEP and/or PEP for HIV Prevention
- Patient Education and Tools